Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bokchito, Oklahoma

In past posts, I have told you that I was born at Bokchito, Oklahoma, and that is a Choctaw word meaning "Deep Creek". I belong to a group and someone asked me about the Choctaw People. That is my inspiration for this post today.

I have an artist friend that I met at the Red Earth Festival held every year in June at Oklahoma City. She is a wonderful artist and did the illustrations in this book,Crossing Bok Chitto. Here is a site that briefly describes the book.



http://www.rorex-art.com/book.htm


Needless to say, we had a great conversation regarding the irony of her book and my being Choctaw, born in the town, named by Choctaws, when they were removed to Indian Territory. I bought her book and she had me make her some special designed moccasins. I was so pleased to received this note from her.

No comments: