Sunday, June 13, 2010

WHERE IS BENIN?

It is time I got back to my blog. I have been so busy and have had a lot of distractions since the last time I posted.

My oldest Son, Bobby, had a heart attack and was in the hospital for a couple of weeks. I am happy to add that he is doing very well after his doctor implanted a couple of stints.

Then my Daughter-In-Law, Marilee (Bobby’s wife) had major surgery and was in the hospital for a week. She is recovering very well and doing great.

I have recently been elevated to “Power Seller” in eBay and have been extremely busy working in my store - revising my listings and making other changes to keep up with new rules. I enjoy selling on eBay and I have learned a lot of “computer stuff”.

An exciting thing happened to me. I was contacted by the U.S. State Department and asked to furnish (loan) a buckskin dress for the Art In Embassies Program. I did this once before when Madeleine Albright was Secretary of State. I loaned a buckskin dress and accessories which went to the U.S. Embassy at Baku, Azerbaijan.

At the time I was contacted, I didn’t have a new buckskin dress which disappointed the Curator and Ambassador. Then it occurred to me to offer my own dress for a couple of years. So, my dress has arrived at the U.S. Embassy at Cotonou, Benin.

The Republic of Benin is a country in West Africa. The seat of government is in the city of Cotonou and the new Ambassador is James Knight, who was appointed by President Obama.



Here is my dress now displayed in Benin:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THIS DRESS IS MAGNIFICENT AS ARE YOU!!!